Students will need to have a composition book to use as an ISN (interactive student notebook).
This ISN will contain all of the learning and information we go over in class. Students will use them for understanding concepts and to study for a test or quiz.
Other supplies needed daily:
A binder with notebook paper
Pencil pouch with pens, pencils, map pencils, scissors, and a glue stick
Library book - from school or home - we go to the school library as a class about twice a month
Students may have a reading book on a Kindle or Nook but not on and iPad or their phone.
If a student chooses not to follow class rules and is disrespectful or distracts others from learning, then they must accept the consequences of their actions. The progression of consequences is as follows:
First Infraction - negative behavior addressed and expectations restated
Second Infraction - 30 minute detention with team teacher
Third Infraction - 45 minute detention with team teacher and parent contact
Fourth Infraction - Referral and parent contact
1. Be Prompt: In your assigned seat working on the bell work when the tardy bell rings, being present as often as possible, and turning assignments in on time.
2. Be Prepared: Bring all necessary materials and supplies to class every day, and study and work on your projects multiple days ahead of time, not just the night before.
3. Be Polite: Have a good attitude toward school; show respect to students, teachers, and property; wait to be recognized before speaking; and keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
4. Be Productive: Follow directions the first time they are given; participate in class discussion; use your time wisely and do your classwork; and take responsibility for your actions and choices.
5. Be Proactive: Come to tutoring for assistance; take advantage of retakes on major grades below 75; and communicate with Mrs. Smith ahead of the due date when you have a concern.
6. Write your homework down SOMEWHERE! Planner checks are every Friday in Advisory.
7. Make-up work is your responsibility.When you've been absent, check the Make-up Work folder for your work.
8. NO CANDY/FOOD/DRINK in the room!!! I don't want ants, please. If I see or hear your gum chewing, I'll ask you to spit it out.
These are the steps to success this year in my classroom.